Subject: [Leica] I shattered the sensor glass; mea culpa
From: geordiepete211 at yahoo.co.uk (Peter Cheyne)
Date: Mon, 10 May 2010 18:48:23 +0900

Andrea from Solms replied to me very promptly.  Thank you for that
suggestion, George.  Ms. Frankl informed that the repair could be made
in Germany, but perhaps it could be repaired by one of their agents in
Japan too.  So I might end up sending it to a Leica gent in Japan.
Unfortunately, the sensor cover glass cannot be replaced alone, and it
is replaced together with the sensor as standard.  The cost for that
is around 1,200 Euros.

I replied to Ms. Frankl's e-mail, asking if Leica could perhaps take
my M8 in part-exchange for a refurbished M8 or M8.2, considering that
the repair cost is quite close to the price of used M8s.  I think if
they cannot do that, then I will ask her for the addresses of agents
in Japan.

Replies: Reply from red735i at earthlink.net (Frank Filippone) ([Leica] I shattered the sensor glass; mea culpa)