Subject: [Leica] M9 RAW's and B&W
From: images at comporium.net (Tina Manley)
Date: Sun, 9 May 2010 23:00:32 -0400

Think of the DNG as your negative.  It records exactly what the camera sees,
no more, no less.  Changing any settings(except exposure) does not change
the DNG file.  The saturation, etc., choices are only for jpegs, which you
really don't want to use, since that is the equivalent of a drugstore print
with all other information discarded.

Tina