Subject: [Leica] OT: Epson 1280 recommendations
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Sun, 09 May 2010 00:30:57 -0400

> Yep. I've pretty much settled on Epson Velvet Fine Art (don't know the
> manufacturer). It is around $3/sheet at Atlex (13x19). I've printed a
> lot with the quadtone sets, but there are better solutions now. I would
> consider the quadtones if I did not have a RIP or a modern Epson printer
> - and if I printed continually. But if I printed continually, I would
> get a modern Epson printer.....

Great stuff I use it for my business cards.
Problem is they are so think you can only fit so many in your wallet.
Which is ok as I hand one out once a month.
But when I do BOY is it impressive. Is my impression at least.

Its a problem for me the paper not coming in 11x17 or 11x14.
Or 5x7.
It comes letter sized. But I'm not printing any letters lately.
I think its the same as the Somerset which comes in huge sizes from Epson
and had been a classic for all kinds of print making for decades.
I've made intaglio prints with it in Art classes in the 70's.

[Rabs]
Mark William Rabiner