Subject: [Leica] OT: Nikon; Calling all hackers
From: digiratidoc at gmail.com (James Laird)
Date: Thu, 6 May 2010 11:03:12 -0500

I can't believe people put up with not being able to meter with AIS
lenses on the 'lower end' Nikon digitals. I know in the early days of
Canon DSLRs people were hacking the firmware so they could adapt their
Leica R lenses to the bodies and get metering. Now all the Canon
bodies will meter in aperture priority with any lens attached, but NOT
NIKON. I would love to use my 50 Micro AIS with the D5000 with it's
flip screen but it won't meter! Simple firmware update would be all
you need. Anybody hacking the firmware of the Nikon D5000, etc. to
enable metering?

Jim Laird

Replies: Reply from red735i at earthlink.net (Frank Filippone) ([Leica] OT: Nikon; Calling all hackers)