Subject: [Leica] lens cloth good enough for Leica lenses?
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Wed, 05 May 2010 00:34:10 -0400

> Hey folks,
>   I've noticed that cotton t-shirts are kind of okay for cleaning Nikon
> lenses
> but dress shirts and neckties are TERRIBLE. As it's become trendy for
> slackers
> like me to dress fancy I find my eyeglasses and Leitz glass so smudgy it's
> like looking through a consumer grade Canon zoom lens, which gives me
> headaches and makes me not want to take photos. I have some lens cloths,
> but
> I'm looking for some sort of solution that attaches to a camera strap or a
> keychain or something (possibly retracting into some sort of housing to
> keep
> clean?) and that I can get in quantities so I can attach one to each of my
> camera bags and my Domke vest and my Tilly hat. Does anybody have any Way
> Cool
> recommendations? (And please do not say "Ted's Underwear", I've looked
> into it
> and the markup from Hermes is prohibitive - I could just buy new lenses for
> what they want for a pair of his cast-off boxers.)
>
> Kyle
>
> --
> www.kylecassidy.com

Coincidently the Hermes  guy died today.
His name was not Hermes by the way.
It was Jean-Louis Dumas.

I use any cotton cloth around.  Without my own sweat on the outside of it.
To clean my eyeglasses I use toilet paper. I'm sure I've done the same with
a camera lens. I huff on the lens first to fog it with breath moisture.
Seldom in the field. Normally I can wait till I get home.
Blue Charmin.  You cant beat it.

[Rabs]
Mark William Rabiner