Subject: [Leica] OT: Is this a Sophisticated Phishing Attempt?
From: spencer at aotera.org (Spencer Cheng)
Date: Sat, 1 May 2010 11:01:17 -0400

Hugh,

Ars Technica is one of the best technical website.

This email is a (harmless?) warning though if you have never visited or
registered with Ars before, it is very strange that you received it. It
could be that your address just got included as part of the big list of
addresses they got from their ISP.

As an aside, be aware of emails which looks innocuous in text form but are
quite dangerous when viewed in HTML form. I came across a few of those.
Usually the evil trick is that the URL presented is quite different in text
than in HMTL.

Regards,
Spencer