Subject: [Leica] potential for additional BP rig problems
From: hlritter at bex.net (Howard Ritter)
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2010 22:20:06 -0400

Because the leaks are a mile or more below the surface, and the plume of oil
is too widely dispersed by the time it reaches the surface for more than
small portions of it to be set alight, maybe too much so even for a given
burn site to be continuously supplied with oil and continue to combust.

Also perhaps because there was still hope of rescuing survivors if the
burning portion of the rig could be extinguished.

?howard

Message from gregj_lorenzo at hotmail.com (Greg Lorenzo) ([Leica] potential for additional BP rig problems)