Subject: [Leica] OT: HELP Nikon scanner neophyte
From: tgray at 125px.com (Tim Gray)
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2010 11:58:47 -0400

On Apr 28, 2010 at 10:16 AM -0500, James Laird wrote:
> What are the best
> settings in vuescan to get good scans with Tri-X and Kodachrome?

I get better results with color film from Nikonscan as opposed to Vuescan.
Including Kodachrome.  Digital ICE is very handy at removing dust and
scratches, and since I don't develop my own color, those negatives are
invariably worse in that respect than my B&W.

For B&W, I use Vuescan and more or less follow what I have written here:
<http://125px.com/articles/2009/06/vuescan.html>

An alternative approach is to lock your exposure on the base.  I find this
introduces another step that I'd rather not be bothered with, but some
people love it:
<http://www.flickr.com/groups/ishootfilm/discuss/72157608204093047/>

Replies: Reply from digiratidoc at gmail.com (James Laird) ([Leica] OT: HELP Nikon scanner neophyte)