Subject: [Leica] IMG: The Circus Came to Town
From: sonc.hegr at gmail.com (Sonny Carter)
Date: Fri, 23 Apr 2010 23:47:34 -0500

Many years ago, when I was first in the news biz, I covered this Circus in
Baton Rouge.  My wife and daughter, then about five, had supper with the
family that does the Tiger show.  (The Clyde Betty-Cole Brothers Circus
doesn't have a a Lion Tamer.)   They had a passel of new tiger cubs, and
Ilsa and their kids played on the Motor Home floor with the cubs while we
ate.

I filmed the show, from just outside the cage, and it made for some great
film.

During the show, a gully washer of a rain storm blew up, and when we went to
go home, found our VW van stuck up to the axle in the mud.

They were breaking down the Big Top, so I went to the Ringmaster for help.
He sent an elephant and her handler over, they hitched up to the VW, and we
were on our way in no time.

Great Pix Cuz.
--
Regards,