Subject: [Leica] Checkerboard illusion
From: jbm at jbm.org (Jeff Moore)
Date: Fri, 23 Apr 2010 14:33:53 -0400

2010-04-23-12:52:06 Lawrence Zeitlin:
> The wonderful Leica M digital cameras use software, triggered by
> lens coding, to minimize vignetting.

...which I then quite often (more often than not, maybe?) end up
choosing to put back, using other software on my computer.

It seems a waste of processing steps -- but then, I generally want a
touch of vignetting applied to the image after I've cropped it, so for
those images I end up wanting to crop, I guess it's okay for the
camera's firmware to have provided me with a more even canvas to start
with.  I guess.

 -Jeff