Subject: [Leica] Beta vs release candidate
From: richard at imagecraft.com (Richard Man)
Date: Fri, 16 Apr 2010 18:12:11 -0700

As a software entrepreneur, that's how the terms are generally used. The
differences is really that companies realize that the best testers are in
fact the prospective users (and not just because it saves money) and it
generates marketing buzz that it otherwise won't have.

The flip side is that if your beta sucks, I mean, not perform well, then you
will get bad rep sooner too...