Subject: [Leica] M9 'Err' - Faulty Shutter
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Fri, 16 Apr 2010 20:32:11 -0400

> I don't take the M8 out unless I have a backup camera because it has been
> such
> a clam. It's a shock to one's system to go from one's Leica being the most
> reliable camera to being the least reliable camera. I predicted that Leica
> would go into bankruptcy based on the number of defective digital cameras
> they
> released, but that hasn't been the case (the part about going bankrupt).
>
> Jeffery

I did represent a HUGE LEAP of technology for Leica; transporting the M
system into the digital realm. A thing their previous CEO got fired for
suggesting was even possible.
It kept the price of Leica glass up and kept Leica in the ballgame.
Making  attractive  for a guy to come in and save it: Dr. Andreas Kaufmann.
They stuck their neck out and tried a few things. And the ball hit the line
and powder shot up every time. The luck of the draw.
But The good news is their luck has changed as they hung in there and now
they are cranking out full frame M9's which have very much worked out and
are very much highly looked upon by the photo industry and its shooters.. If
it proves to be an ongoing and flexible  system of cameras Leica will be
where they were in the 90's. The camera of choice for discerning
professionals who do something resembling street photography.

[Rabs]
Mark William Rabiner

Replies: Reply from jsmith342 at gmail.com (Jeffery Smith) ([Leica] M9 'Err' - Faulty Shutter)