Subject: [Leica] Eclipse (full, not partial)
From: lrzeitlin at gmail.com (Lawrence Zeitlin)
Date: Fri, 16 Apr 2010 20:26:46 -0400

Piers,
Those are magnificent eclipse pictures. I was an astrophysics major in
college a long time ago and I saw plenty of eclipse pictures taken with
large telescopes that were not as good as yours. What equipment did you use?
Larry Z

Not a partial, and not the pinhole effect, and not using on-topic equipment,
but a few snaps - scanned, cropped slides (Velvia, as far as I recall) of
totality in Turkey in 2006.

http://www.hemy.me.uk/Eclipse/index.html

In contrast to New York, it seemed that everybody was looking skywards. It's
an experience to be recommended, looking up (eclipse) down (shimmering
pinhole effect) and around (360 degrees of sunset).

Replies: Reply from piers at hemy.org (Piers Hemy) ([Leica] Eclipse (full, not partial))