Subject: [Leica] photoshop much? how old is this woman?
From: kcarney1 at cox.net (Ken Carney)
Date: Fri, 16 Apr 2010 19:13:46 -0500

On 4/16/2010 4:01 PM, George Lottermoser wrote:
> <http://i.huffpost.com/gen/158162/LAURA-BUSH.jpg>
>
> Regards,
> George Lottermoser
> george at imagist.com
> http://www.imagist.com
> http://www.imagist.com/blog
> http://www.linkedin.com/in/imagist

Long ago, in the age of film, before Photoshop, I bought a 250 mm
Rodenstock Imagon lens for my Linhof 4x5 field camera.  I had thought
about trying some portraits, and this was supposed to be the ultimate
"portrait" lens.  It had a series of diffusing disks, looking like sink
strainers,  that went in front of the front glass element.  I
immediately saw the worst of all worlds, i.e., soft wrinkles.  The
importer was kind enough to send me the only copy of a book written on
the lens so I could copy it, and it became apparent it was designed for
"atmospheric" images, e.g., fog.  That was before the mall places where
you could get the full Stepford effect.

Ken Carney
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma