Subject: [Leica] Wow, the last word on Bokeh, from Zeiss now 75mm Summarit
From: hopsternew at gmail.com (Geoff Hopkinson)
Date: Fri, 16 Apr 2010 10:22:11 +1000

Scott, I don't know which Emarit you have but the last model discontinued
when the Summarit was introduced is extremely good (Nathan's got my first
one and I got another one afterwards). For some reason they never seemd to
attract the same attention as other models, yet the performance is right up
there and the used prices seem modest to me.
http://www.pbase.com/hoppyman/image/90958365 (M7)
http://www.pbase.com/hoppyman/image/91237793 (M7)

 I bet that you wouldn't see any practical difference in 'sharpness' between
the two lenses. The Summarit is very well reported too. Keep in mind when
you do your sums that the Summarit does not come standard with its screw-on
hood and hood cap. The Summarit will focus down slightly closer than the
Elmarit M but that one has the slightly higher magnification of course.

If you budget allows, my recommendation is to get the superb APO Summicron
75 ASPH. A WONDERFUL lens that has it all and does especially well in close.
http://www.pbase.com/hoppyman/image/101180894 (M8)
http://www.pbase.com/hoppyman/image/119520958 (M9)
http://www.pbase.com/hoppyman/image/101824440 (M9)
http://www.pbase.com/hoppyman/image/118188935 (M9)