Subject: [Leica] Why Micro-4-3rds?
From: ken at iisaka.com (Ken Iisaka)
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2010 13:34:49 -0700

To me, it's a terrific combination of the size / image quality / price /
ease of use.  Hardly larger than many high-end PS cameras, particularly
combined with the excellent (but of course not Leica quality) Panny 20mm
which is just about the only lens I use now with my EP-1.

The image quality certainly doesn't match that of my M8, but just about
equal to most consumer-level DSLRs at a similar price point.

If I want to bring a camera in my coat pocket, it's my EP-1 with a Panny
20mm.
If I want to bring a camera slung over my shoulder, it's my M8 with a
Summilux ASPH 35mm.
If I want to bring a camera with a few lenses, it's my M8 and my Billingham
Leica bag.

For the type of photography I do, I rarely see a need for a DSLR.  The live
view feature of the EP-1 is actually an advantage compared to DSLR, IMHO.