Subject: [Leica] two questions for the LUGger expertise
From: passaro.vince at gmail.com (Vince Passaro)
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2010 01:33:24 -0400

1. A simple question: can the 'eyes' be easily taken off and put on the 50
Summicron DR or is it like the 35 Summacron where you can't take it off or
you'll wreck the lens' focusing capacity? Which is to say can't you take it
off to use on, say, a G1, or a Bessa 2A, and put it back when you get the
shiny M3 or M4 of your dreams?

2. A less simple question: the ongoing thread about Leica lenses on the GF1
began with some commentary that included language that depicted using the
50/1.4 on the GF1 as having a "100/1.4" lens on the camera. I see this all
the time, the equation of the half crop with a lens twice as long. But isn't
what one has really a 50mm image with a 25% crop off all four sides? And a
slightly narrower (more tele) angle of view? Please correct me in however
I've gotten this wrong.  But I'm pretty sure that having a half-sized sensor
is not the same as putting a 2x converter on a full frame. It doesn't yield
the same image at all. Why do people say this?

Replies: Reply from taniel.dan at gmail.com (Daniel Tan) ([Leica] two questions for the LUGger expertise)
Reply from photo.forrest at earthlink.net (Philip Forrest) ([Leica] two questions for the LUGger expertise)
Reply from piers.hemy at gmail.com (piers.hemy at gmail.com) ([Leica] two questions for the LUGger expertise)
Reply from s.dimitrov at charter.net (slobodan Dimitrov) ([Leica] two questions for the LUGger expertise)