Subject: [Leica] Wow, the last word on Bokeh, from Zeiss
From: benedenia at gmail.com (Marty Deveney)
Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2010 13:16:04 +0930

I was talking more about the texture inside the OOF highlights as
rendered by ASPH that they show in this paper and which I have seen,
increasingly since I got the M8 and used the M9, caused by the
slightly rogher texture of the syrface of the aspherical surfaces of
the lens.  No myth.

Although I still am of the firm opinion that the better correction of
spherical aberrations in the asph lenses makes their bokeh worse than
that of many pre-asph equivalents.  particularly the 35s and the 90
Summicron.  The newer asphs - the 50/1.4, 75/2, the 21 and 24
Summiluxes are better.  I still use them all, but for some purposes I
prefer the older lenses.

Marty