Subject: [Leica] Crosley Super Sport
From: LRZeitlin at aol.com (LRZeitlin at aol.com)
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 2010 09:24:19 EDT

In a message dated 4/13/10 3:16:16 AM, lug-request at leica-users.org writes:

> Where else are you going to find a '51 Crosley Super Sport (looks like a
> >> Bugeye Sprite, only smaller)

Is the '51 Crosley Super Sport the one with the COBRA (copper brazed)
engine? I recall that it was assembled of various pressings all brazed
together.
My uncle had a 50 hp outboard motor with what was advertised as a sports car
engine. It turned out to be the Crosley engine turned on its head and
fitted with a shaft and propeller. The problem was that it self destructed
when
run hard when the copper brazing failed. I assume that it ran better in
sports cars.

Larry Z