Subject: [Leica] advice wanted for carry camera
From: photo at frozenlight.eu (Nathan Wajsman)
Date: Sun, 11 Apr 2010 15:59:43 +0200

I find Kyle's experiences very similar to mine (except that I do not have
colorful characters like Omar in my neighborhood). The GF-1 is a serious
street camera, and with the 20mm pancake it is like a CL with the 40mm
Summicron in the old days--small, light, but excellent image quality.

Yes, my M8 is better, but for a variety of reasons I reach for the GF-1 just
as often these days. I would say my PAWs and PADs are about 50/50 with the
two cameras.

The only thing I do not like about the GF-1 is that I cannot use the EVF to
take the picture and the screen for the instant review. I hope it will be
addressed in a future firmware upgrade.

Nathan

Nathan Wajsman
Alicante, Spain