Subject: [Leica] Advice wanted for carry camera.
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Sat, 10 Apr 2010 19:35:25 -0400

> George naturally I agree that the X1 is very different to an M.
> On size it really is a lot smaller in the hand, especially since someone at
> Solms chopped the viewfinder off the top ;-)
> http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/hoppyman/2/Family+portrait.jpg.html
> http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/hoppyman/2/S2X1.jpg.html
> http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/hoppyman/2/JX1.jpg.html
> Cheers
> Geoff
> http://www.pbase.com/hoppyman

A case could be made on the X1 as the sensor size is the same as serious
cameras serious photography can then ensue; despite the size and simplicity
and compactness of the box with the lens and shutter button on it.

A sheet film view camera can bee a wooden box costing a few hundred bucks or
a machined steel geared Sinar P for ten thousand with the same lens the
picture is going to be identical.
All the camera really has to do is keep the film dark.
And not insult the user by being big but with a little tiny piece of film in
it.

[Rabs]
Mark William Rabiner