Subject: [Leica] Rome
From: jayanand at gmail.com (Jayanand Govindaraj)
Date: Sat, 10 Apr 2010 14:42:02 +0530

Michiel,
I am an atheist, but I recognize that society at large puts in great effort
into religious buildings, and most cultures' greatest architectural jewels
are temples, churches, mosques, call them what you will. Again 500-1000
years ago, these things bound cultures and kingdoms and societies together,
to a much greater degree than today, so I think they were entirely justified
for the overall good of society in their times. I think we have to look at a
lot of these buildings with the prism of the era in which they were built,
not with our modern viewpoints.
Cheers
Jayanand

On Sat, Apr 10, 2010 at 1:57 PM, Michiel Fokkema
<michiel.fokkema at gmail.com>wrote:

> Thanks Nathan,
>
> I always wonder how much good works they could have done with all the money
> hat went into these decadent churches.
>
> cheers,
>
> Michiel Fokkema
> -------------------------
> Fokkema Fotografie
> www.michielfokkema.com
> michiel.fokkema at gmail.com
> +31(0)615569576
>
> Nathan Wajsman wrote:
>
>> Great selection, Michiel. I can understand how you searched for other
>> things after having had enough of the Catholic opulence. I would do the
>> same.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Nathan
>>
>> Nathan Wajsman
>> Alicante, Spain
>> http://www.frozenlight.eu
>> http://www.greatpix.eu
>> http://www.nathanfoto.com
>>
>> Books: http://www.blurb.com/bookstore/search?search=wajsman&x=0&y=0
>> Blog: http://www.fotocycle.dk/blog
>>

>> On Apr 5, 2010, at 3:56 PM, Michiel Fokkema wrote:
>>
>>  Hi,
>>>
>>> Better late then never. Here are some pictures of our trip to Rome last
>>> year
>>> autumn.

>>> michiel.fokkema at gmail.com