Subject: [Leica] GF 1 and G1 EVFs
From: cummer at netvigator.com (H&ECummer)
Date: Sat, 10 Apr 2010 08:23:55 +0800

> Date: Fri, 9 Apr 2010 19:11:16 -0400
> From: Howard Ritter <hlritter at bex.net>
> Subject: [Leica] GF-1 and G1 EVFs
> To: Leica Users Group <lug at leica-users.org>
>
> Has anyone had personal experience with (or read comments by anyone
> who has) with both the GF-1's accessory EVF (DMW-LVF1) and the G1's
> built-in EVF? How do they compare for quality? I believe that G1's
> EVF uses a very high-pixel LCD with a much better image than the LVF1.
>
> The rumor mill has Panasonic replacing the current LFF-1 with one
> that uses the same high-density LCD screen as the G1. Any updates?
>
> ?howard

Hi Howard,
I have both cameras. The G1's EVF with about 900,000 pixels (number
from my head) is perfectly usable and brightens in dark conditions. It
is the best EVF on the market and a revelation. The GF 1's EVF with
about 200,000 pixels (again check the number) is only barely
acceptable for framing. It is the weakest point of the GF 1, in my
opinion.
I sure hope they do replace the EVF with a higher quality finder. That
would make the GF 1 even better.
Cheers
Howard

Replies: Reply from jayanand at gmail.com (Jayanand Govindaraj) ([Leica] GF 1 and G1 EVFs)