Subject: [Leica] Image Samples [was Re: Shiny Screen iMac Calibration Question]
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Thu, 08 Apr 2010 13:43:42 -0400

> Vince - Thanks. On my machine, if anything, it looks a bit bright compared
> the others.  I wonder if the differences we see are due to gamma
> differences,
> or some other transfer curve differences.
>
> I'm pleased you liked the photo, too.
>
> Regards,
>
> Dick

My kneejerk is to think that people who are going through thousands of
dollars of rag paper a year and as much pigment ink should be having their
screens calibrated. People spending putting a huge commitment to quality
output with their name on the line.
We always see more of those guys then we see guys who show up with prints
when you meet them for coffee. They show  up with tales of their new Spyder
instead. And you get to see their little jpegs on a gallery maybe.
KISS
Keep is simple Sydney

When you get new gear first try it out first to see if its viable.
If all hell is breaking loose then get your checkbook out and start checking
out Monitor Helper.

[Rabs]
Mark William Rabiner