Subject: [Leica] Praise for Lightroom
From: drodgers at casefarms.com (David Rodgers)
Date: Wed, 7 Apr 2010 09:14:02 -0400

I know that others are way ahead of me on this, but after several failed
attempts I'm now sold on Lightroom. I didn't spend enough time with
earlier trials to get comfortable with it.

I recently downloaded 3.0 Beta. I'm going to buy Lightroom as soon as I
build a Win7 based PC later this month dedicated to imaging. I use my
current XP machines for lots of other programming and development work,
which can conflict with imaging apps and cause lots of heartache.

I don't know if other's have had this issues, but I've been using
multiple applications, some of them proprietary offerings that shipped
with cameras, and others various imaging apps. It seems like Lightroom
can replace all other apps and simplify my life.

Photoshop is overkill, although I like how it integrates with Lightroom.
FWIW, if I had to choose between the two, I'd take Lightroom over
Photoshop. (I don't have to choose, but I also won't have a sense of
urgency to upgrade PS at regular intervals). I never thought that I'd
say that. Consider me a convert.

Dave R

Replies: Reply from gregj_lorenzo at hotmail.com (Greg Lorenzo) ([Leica] Praise for Lightroom)
Reply from konstantin.mihov at googlemail.com (Konstantin Mihov) ([Leica] Praise for Lightroom)