Subject: [Leica] WikiLeaks
From: hopsternew at gmail.com (Geoff Hopkinson)
Date: Tue, 6 Apr 2010 15:30:03 +1000

Richard because firstly it is a link to footage that your government has not
authorised for release, because such footage can have security implications
(including for example inclusion of weapon system parameters if it is not
sanitised from the footage (and hence can aid your enemies), because the
language used in the site conveys opinion which does have political finger
pointing involved, because casual viewers don't know what has actually
happened nor the circumstances, and the propaganda implications can harm
your government etc. The military on the ground will likely have differnt
opinions to casual observers at home.
Unless you are suggesting that your military has deliberately set out to
target Press members apparently involved then it has nothing to do with free
press or photographers marching in the streets for their rights or whatever.

However, I was expressing my personal opinion. I am not in charge of the
LUG.  Feel free to disagree with me off list if you wish.

Cheers
Geoff
http://www.pbase.com/hoppyman

Replies: Reply from photo.forrest at earthlink.net (Philip Forrest) ([Leica] WikiLeaks)