Subject: [Leica] wine tasting...
From: henningw at archiphoto.com (Henning Wulff)
Date: Sat, 3 Apr 2010 23:04:26 -0700

At 3:28 AM +0100 4/4/10, Douglas Barry wrote:
>"Steve Barbour" <steve.barbour at gmail.com> wrote
>>I had a wonderful day wine tasting along the Sacramento River today...
>>  this was the bartender in training whom I met at one beautiful winery...
>>  http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/barbour/PAW2010/lgirl.jpg.html
>
>While I encourage precociousness, I prefer experience. I'm visiting
>Chateau Y'quem in May and would be disappointed to hear advice from
>such a young source...... Good photo though!
>
>Douglas

That was one Premier Cru I managed to buy at a reasonable price once.
I got a bottle of Chateau d'Yquem 1959 (a very good year) for $10.00
in 1970. This was in Alberta, where the government liquor stores
bought wines on futures at the time. I'd come back from a year in
Europe and had done a lot of wine tasting and auxiliary learning, and
knew about Chateau d'Yquem. Apparently not that many other Albertans
did. So I picked up a couple of bottles, and had them with family.
Remarkable!

I hope they allow some tastings.

--

    *            Henning J. Wulff