Subject: [Leica] Ranthambhore - This and That
From: jayanand at gmail.com (Jayanand Govindaraj)
Date: Sun, 4 Apr 2010 11:06:06 +0530

Thanks to all who looked and commented. The Chital actually started with two
treepies on his horns, but I liked this shot the best! Birds (treepies,
mynahs, etc) sitting on herbivores is fairly common, and as they eat ticks
and other parasites they are tolerated, but this was really close.

Alastair, I am thinking of going to the Serengeti in February next year to
see the Wildebeest birthing in and around Seronara, but I really haven't
made up my mind yet. Wildebeest females (750,000 of them) give birth in a
synchronized fashion in a two week period in February at the end of their
annual migration from the Masai Mara. There is murder and mayhem as the the
predators have a ball, but they can eat only a finite amount, so 95% of the
newborns live. A great natural adaptation!

Cheers
Jayanand