Subject: [Leica] M7/MP only 5% of US Leica Sales...
From: hopsternew at gmail.com (Geoff Hopkinson)
Date: Thu, 1 Apr 2010 21:15:34 +1000

Last year Stefan Daniel mentioned 100 units per month total (M7&MP) for the
world with the majority going to China and Japan.
At a broad guesstimate the M9 may be achieving 100 units a day currently and
the Leica USA President is estimating that they are 6 to 7 months backlogged
currently. Stefan Daniel aready said that they can actually sell more film
M's than they are making right now...... but with M9 sales 40% higher than
expected and M lenses in much greater demand.........
Naturally all of those numbers are simply miniscule in the dSLR scale of
things anyway.
Very likely Leica is selling more film cameras than most, although I have no
idea on Zeiss and Cosina sales for their film rangefinders. If you do want a
new M9, M7 or MP maybe you need to talk to your dealer. They certainly
aren't discounting them or putting them in their clearance specials..

Cheers
Geoff
http://www.pbase.com/hoppyman