Subject: [Leica] Comments on GF-1
From: passaro.vince at gmail.com (Vince Passaro)
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2010 16:33:14 -0400

Dave I have the G1 which technologically is little different from the GF1 --
the ONLY time I have shutter lag is when there's a problem with or a delay
by the AF system. One solution I've found is to minimize the focusing
'square' to its smallest size in landscapes with so much going on that the
AF can't figure out where it wants to be.
And I assume you're holding the button halfway down first?
Because if you don't have time to fool with the focus square you can focus
on any isolated object at the proper distance, hold the button down and move
the camera to frame what you want, then shoot.
Last solution: if the AF is at infinity already and that suits you flip the
dial to MF and it won't lag anymore.

But all this won't be a problem with your M lenses as you'll be focusing
them yourself.