Subject: [Leica] M7/MP only 5% of US Leica Sales...
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2010 12:03:39 -0400

>> Feel free to delete without reading.
>>
>> [Rabs]
>> Mark William Rabiner
>>

> :-) Now, now, Mark! I'm not going to stop reading your opinions. :-)

Leica's I have not used
But will freely express my opinions on:

Leica CL / Leitz Minolta CL
Leica M1
Leica M2
Leica M3
Leica M4
Leica MD
Leica MD-2
Leica M4-2
Leica M4-P
Leica M6J
Leica M7
Leica MP
Leica M8 (see "Digital")
Leica M9
Leica M chronology
[edit]
SLR
Leicaflex (1964?68)
Leicaflex SL and SL Mot (1968?74)
Leicaflex SL2 and SL2 Mot (1974?76)
Leica R3 and R3 Mot (1976?79)
Leica R4 mot electronic
Leica R4
Leica R4s
Leica R4s-2 (R4s-P in North America)
Leica R5
Leica R-E
Leica R6
Leica R6.2
Leica R7
Leica R8
Leica R9
Leica 0, preseries ("null serie")
Leica A (fixed lens)
Leica B (only model w/ leaf shutter)
Screw-mount lens
Leica C non-standardized (requires lens shims)
Leica C standardized = Leica I
Leica D = Leica II (first type w/ built-in [[rangefinder
(device)|rangefinder])
Leica E = Leica Standard = Leica I (improved standardized C)
Leica F = Leica III (like II but with slow speeds on frontal dial)
Leica IIIb (rfdr. and viewer windows close together)
Leica IIIc (die cast body, slightly longer)
Leica IIc (die cast body like IIIc, otherwise similar to Leica II)
Leica Ic (has two accessory shoes, die cast body similar to IIc but without
rangefinder)
Leica IIf (no slow speed dial, but other improvements like IIIf)
Leica If (has two accessory shoes, die cast body similar to IIf but without
rangefinder)
Leica IIIg (change in body configuration to facilitate manufacture)
Leica 250 Reporter (has huge film magazines)
Leica half-frame (version of IIIc, and was built in Canada)
Leica Digilux
Leica Digilux Zoom
Leica Digilux 4.3
Leica Digilux 1