Subject: [Leica] [img] theatre photos
From: kcassidy at asc.upenn.edu (Kyle Cassidy)
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2010 10:30:19 -0400

What's the best way to take photos of a theatrical production? Well, the
BEST way is to take photos at a performance set up specifically for you,
where you can rewind the actors and change blocking.

I'm super excited about these production stills from Curio Theatre's
upcoming steampunk rendition of Shakespeare's Twelfth Night. Which involved
a performance set up just for me & my assistant, the appropriately named
Portia, where we were allowed to run about the stage in-betwixt the actors,
occasionally shouting STOP! REWIND! And moving people from one balcony to
the next and restaging fights to best fit the backdrops.

http://kylecassidy.com/pix/2010/twelfth-web-gallery/noflash/content/ctc1_large.html

What the heck is steampunk? Well, when you look it up in the dictionary, I'm
pleased to say you see more of my photos:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steampunk

keep pushing that shutter button!

kc

Replies: Reply from jbm at jbm.org (Jeff Moore) ([Leica] [img] theatre photos)