Subject: [Leica] Karen Nakamura speech
From: pdzwig at summaventures.com (Peter Dzwig)
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2010 11:11:08 +0100

Lawrence,

I did look it up last night.. the date was late 1891 when the photos were
taken
and they were on roll film.

Actually, from the website of the National Media Museum:

<http://www.nationalmediamuseum.org.uk/Photography/home.asp>

"In 1885, George Eastman?s American paper roll film became available and this
was followed by his commercial development of celluloid film in late 1889."

Peter Dzwig

FWIW The expedition in question was the Gibson-Lewis expedition to St
Catherine's Monastery in Sinai, leading to the discovery of the Codex
Sinaiticus
and other Greek and Syriac documents dating to 3rd and 4th Centuries

--

Dr Peter Dzwig

Message from pdzwig at summaventures.com (Peter Dzwig) ([Leica] Karen Nakamura speech)