Subject: [Leica] OT: Another maybe not so stupid GH1 question
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Sat, 27 Mar 2010 03:39:15 -0400

> Hi Mark,
>
> I think I have mentioned this previously.  My late father-in-law had a
> small, upstairs on Main Street, studio in which he used an old, wooden 8x10
> studio camera, fitted with a split 5x7 back, to shoot 3.5x5 portrait
> negatives.  It paid the bills for several hard years, before he found
> something to provide a better income.
>
> Did you ever use a Packard Shutter?
>
> Jim Nichols

I've never head of them but they are still here and I checked it out and now
I  know.
http://www.packardshutter.com/

We got a lot of use out of a SPEED GRAPHIC  the first photo studio I moved
into more before I got there becaue of the shutter. Putting all kinds of
weird projection lenses and enlarger lenses on it for copy work.

[Rabs]
Mark William Rabiner

Replies: Reply from imagist3 at mac.com (George Lottermoser) ([Leica] OT: Another maybe not so stupid GH1 question)
Reply from jhnichols at lighttube.net (Jim Nichols) ([Leica] OT: Another maybe not so stupid GH1 question)