Subject: [Leica] lr3 m9 question
From: red735i at earthlink.net (Frank Filippone)
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2010 16:54:59 -0700

Who thinks these solution up?  Give them a week of listening to me rant, and
I bet it would not happen again....

OK, got it.  VERY clear.

Adobe Standard it is.  Forget everything else, except custom profiles....

My most appreciative thanks, Hoppy......

Frank Filippone
red735i at earthlink.net

Adobe have made the naming of these profile options confusing by being too
simple.
Whatever your camera model, if Adobe have profiled it,  they call the Adobe
Standard profile just that. *They do not label them for individual cameras
because you can only select ones for YOUR camera.*
The M8 profile that I sent Frank off list a while ago is the only extra one
I have for the M8. The new ones that I was discussing with Leo are for the
M9.

Adobe Standard basically means a neutral rendering of your Raw file. (Its
actually not quite that simple as they do tweak them)
Camera Standard means it is meant to render your Raw files to look similar
to how the cameras rendered them as JPGs with its default settings. I guess
that Adobe got sick of complaints that "my files don't look the same"
In the case of your M8, if you use the Camera Standard setting to render
your DNG files you should see that the results look similar to JPGS from the
camera. You can easily experiment in LR or ACR and see the differences.

Cheers
Geoff

Replies: Reply from Frank.Dernie at btinternet.com (Frank Dernie) ([Leica] lr3 m9 question)
Message from hopsternew at gmail.com (Geoff Hopkinson) ([Leica] lr3 m9 question)