Subject: [Leica] lr3 m9 question
From: hopsternew at gmail.com (Geoff Hopkinson)
Date: Sun, 21 Mar 2010 09:42:15 +1000

Leo LR3 does recognise your files (as does LR2.6.1). The Adobe Standard
choice means that the partcular camera model has been tested and its profile
added. It would be less confusing for people if they labelled these profile
options for the camera. The software only offers you the profiles for your
camera model. So Adobe Standard for say the M9 is different to for the D3s
or whatever, but it is labelled the same.

Separately from this profiling for individual camera models ALL DNG native
cameras will work anyway and have done since the DNG format was introduced.
Any other Raw files converted to DNGs would then work too. The custom
profiles just give you options to tweak or adjust however you want. I'll
send you off list an excellent neutral profile made by an expert  (a very
smart guy) and one made by me from my camera.

Cheers
Geoff
http://www.pbase.com/hoppyman