Subject: [Leica] Photoshop Altamont -- some questions for the wisdom of the LUG.
From: hlritter at bex.net (Howard Ritter)
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2010 08:47:49 -0400

I am by no means knowledgeable about PS CS4...I can use it with only about
the same degree of accomplishment and finesse as I can my M3...but I have
found that doing certain manipulations adds layers to the image, markedly
increasing the file size. One gets rid of these by "flattening" the image
(Layer>Flatten Image), which preserves all of the mods in a single-layer
image the size of the original file.

Of course, you probably know this already, and the increase in file size is
due to something I have no knowledge of and no idea how to remedy.

I have found too that CS4 will nae read the raw files fro' me wee GF1
ayther. In reading the thread I learned about ACR 5.6 from the Good Doctor
Barbour. Time to heed what I read.

?howard