Subject: [Leica] NYT Piece on Relevance of Still Photographs Today -- NB Charles Moore
From: rbaron at concentric.net (Robert D. Baron)
Date: Sun, 21 Mar 2010 16:23:42 -0500

A couple of cohorts and I drove all night from Iowa City to Oxford
Mississippi in 1962 to cover the rioting for the Daily Iowan.  Those
were my first photographs to go out on the wire (and it really was a
wire in those days).  That was my first experience with tear gas and
there was nothing nice or polite about it.

Nowadays I just get an email from one of my daughters telling me to
turn on CNN.  It gives me the same 'uh oh' feeling you refer to.

--Bob

==On Sun, Mar 21, 2010 at 12:37 PM, Vince Passaro