Subject: [Leica] A question on LR vs. PS
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Sun, 21 Mar 2010 02:25:43 -0400

> I'll agree with most of what Henning said and add that LR is great for
> commercial work like weddings and portraits and such, but it sucks for fine
> art photography where you want to do a lot of dodging and burning and other
> work on each pic. I have LR and mostly use it for processing family
> snapshots, while I use Photoshop for my 'real work'
>

> --
> Chris Crawford

I believe this is the "normal" workflo what you just wrote above.
What Adobe had in mind and what most serious photographers do do.
Lightroom will do for less critical stuff.
It its going to be a big prints or very important or "fine art" then go that
extra step and open it in Photoshop.
And try to remember what you remember about it.
I think its easy to get lazy and loose come critical Photoshop chops. And
that is important to keep your Photoshop skills increasing. That doesn't
happen when you use it every now and again. But I'll be upgrading my
Lightroom soon and start using it. I need the sorting skills.

[Rabs]
Mark William Rabiner

Replies: Reply from jsjgroups at gmail.com (Jerry Justianto) ([Leica] A question on LR vs. PS)