Subject: [Leica] HCB wannabes
From: pswango at att.net (Phil Swango)
Date: Sat, 20 Mar 2010 22:01:18 -0600

Philippe Amard wrote:
Another lesser note from an outsider's point of view;
I had forgotten what people looked like in those days - a generation
or two earlier and Jim Shulman would have been out of work as a witty
photog.
Incredibly healthier looking people these look, in spite of their
grief and sorrow which everyone understands I'm sure.

What a great job you then did, thanks for reposting
Philippe

Thanks for your comments, Philippe.  I hadn't thought about your
observation, but now that you mention it, I agree.  It's the look of a
culture from days gone by.  That's another reason it's important to be able
to take pictures freely.  Without these I would have only my mental
memories, which of course will not be around forever.  Every time I revisit
the set I see something new to think about.  They become more valuable over
time.  I hate it that only the working press can have such access to
historic moments now.

--
Phil Swango
307 Aliso Dr SE