Subject: [Leica] Any S2 experiences?
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Sat, 20 Mar 2010 18:16:35 -0400

> Rabs,
>
> Taken literally that doesn't make much sense; I should have said something
> like
> it is lot hungrier for light than a 35mm.
>
> Expected, given a slower lens spreading the rays out over a bigger area,
> but
> initially surprising with a camera that looks like an R8.  Looks aren't
> everything.
>
> John

Its a medium format camrea in a 35mm package. Delight in its deceptiveness.
I was out of school my first roll with a Rolleiflex which I got a year or
two after I graduated having dreamt of larger formats for a decade.
It was not walk in the park you need to stop down a few more to get the same
depth of field.. And those days as now I was not such a wide open shooting
person wanting to get a few things in focus.

There was no Neopan 1600 for my Rolleiflex or Hasselblad. And those were the
ones who really needed it. And you'd  have not known you'd have shot it as
the larger format would mean you'd not see the added grain in an average
blow up.
But Moving up to medium format was an exciting thing for me then and I'm
sure will be for most now in the digital sense. I have small rez jpg's from
4x5's on my my website it seems like a waste but sometimes you make a larger
print and it pays off..

http://rabinergroup.com/Catagorypages/Halloween2001.html

[Rabs]
Mark William Rabiner