Subject: [Leica] Digital academia
From: boklm at mars-attacks.org (nicolas vigier)
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2010 15:58:32 +0100

On Wed, 17 Mar 2010, John Edwin Mason wrote:

> How likely is it that someone a generation or two from now will have the
> same experience with 50 year old digital photo files?  (Prints, of course,
> are different.)

I think it is very likely. Maybe even more likely than with a box of
slides. There is probably many forgotten box of slides in a lot of
garages. With digital files, if they are correctly referenced, and
shared online, they can easily be found later. With a box of slides,
only a few people can access them (those who have access to the place
where the box is stored), with photos shared online, a lot more people
can access them.

Nicolas
--
http://boklm.eu/