Subject: [Leica] OT: who can remember?
From: oliverbryk at comcast.net (Oliver Bryk)
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2010 13:32:34 -0700

I have been wracking my brain in vain trying to remember the name of a
photographer who had several Sierra Club Books to his credit. I met him in
1975 when he led a one week backpacking workshop into the Grand Canyon of
the Yosemite as a follow-on to Ansel Adams's week long class in Yosemite
Valley. He was always cheerful, a fine instructor, and was one of the few
working photographers who used a 5x7 exclusively. As we were hiking along he
would suddenly yell out, "Glacial Polish!!!" and everybody scrambled into
position. He was also fond of giving profound instructions next to roaring
waterfalls. In his final years he lost his eyesight. He lived and died in
Susanville California (maybe 20 years ago?). Can anyone remember his name?
Oliver

Replies: Reply from leowesson at gmail.com (leo wesson) ([Leica] OT: who can remember?)