Subject: [Leica] Be's Soccer Game
From: ricc at embarqmail.com (Ric Carter)
Date: Sat, 13 Mar 2010 17:57:53 -0500

On Mar 13, 2010, at 5:29 PM, Nathan Wajsman wrote:

> Not bad at all considering the outfit, Ric! Football is hard to shoot,
> much more difficult than baseball or basketball where most of the action
> is in a well-defined area (basket/home base/pitching mound) or American
> football which one writer (I forgot who) described as 30 seconds of
> committee meeting followed by 5 seconds of action or something like that.

Back when I shot lots of high school sports, I found basketball easiest
(usually shot with a 50 and concentrated on the lane), soccer probably next
(little scoring, but there's always action around the ball which is easy to
follow), football next, and i found baseball hardest (second base was the
most predictable place for good action shots, but the close play was so rare
that it was hard to stay ready to shoot). High school coverage was easier
because photogs could rove around with no competition for position. It was
harder because the light sucked.

> As for color balance issues, my solution is extremely simple--when in
> doubt, convert to B&W and rationalize it to the viewers using
> esthetic/artistic considerations ;-)

i've done that;^)

ric

Message from photo at frozenlight.eu (Nathan Wajsman) ([Leica] Be's Soccer Game)