Subject: [Leica] IMG: Great Horned Owl
From: chris at chriscrawfordphoto.com (Chris Crawford)
Date: Sat, 13 Mar 2010 03:02:03 -0500

Cats are top-of-the-chain predators, as are owls. A little professional
courtesy from the owl to the cat would have been nice! LOL

The woman this happened to lives in New Mexico and has a bunch of horses.
She told me the story of her cat because she had been complaining that the
barn her horses live in is full of mice that she can't seem to get rid of. I
noted that she had 8 horses, a burro, and 5 large dogs, but not one cat! One
or two half-wild farm cats tossed in the barn would take care of the mice
fast.

No, she lamented, can't have a cat. See that TALL tree in the yard? A Great
Horned Owl lives in it. He ate my cat and I had to watch him rip it
apart....I can't deal with that again. No cat. :(

--
Chris Crawford
Fine Art Photography