Subject: [Leica] Possible damage to M9 sensor from flying
From: bruceslomovitz at comcast.net (bruceslomovitz at comcast.net)
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2010 18:27:17 +0000 (UTC)

All,

Recently acquired M9 and planning photography trip to Philippines.? The
purchase of this camera was a big outlay for me as I am sure it would be for
many of you.? I've been seeing information on the web that the CCD in a
digital camera can develop "hot pixels" from solar radiation when carried in
an aircraft.? I thought of carrying it in a lead-lined film bag until I
found a scholarly article stating that even 3mm of lead will not protect
against this damage.?

I'm wondering if any of you have good infor concerning this danger or if
anyone has noticed any problems with the CCD after flying.

Thanks in advance.

Bruce S.

Replies: Reply from zoeica at mac.com (Chris Williams) ([Leica] Possible damage to M9 sensor from flying)
Reply from photo at frozenlight.eu (Nathan Wajsman) ([Leica] Possible damage to M9 sensor from flying)