Subject: [Leica] backup backup backup
From: red735i at earthlink.net (Frank Filippone)
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2010 07:18:47 -0800

I wish to put in a plug for something that we should all have, an external
HDD that does its own thing.
The Seagate Freeagent series of drives is truly a plug and play solution (
plug applies to my knowledge of the Windows platform version.  I know
nothing about the Mac version.)

I bought a Freeagent Go ( 2 1/2 drive without the need for an external power
supply) 640GB version for my wife. I take it out of the package, plug in the
USB cable, the thing started itself up, installed itself, then proceeded to
do a complete backup of her computer.  I did nothing to make all of this
happen.  It is built into the software on the drive.

It has a 5 year warranty.

The Freeagent GO is 2 1/2 inch, no external power required
The Freeagent is 3 1/2 inches and has an external power supply module.

I have always been a WD fan ( former employee.)  But with a 5 year warranty,
the Seagate is a best buy.......

Frank Filippone
red735i at earthlink.net

Replies: Reply from images at comporium.net (Tina Manley) ([Leica] backup backup backup)