Subject: [Leica] Another M8 malfunction, this time with the thumbwheel
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2010 19:27:06 -0500

> Yeah, old age bringing on schizophrenic tendencies.
>
> My M8 is at Leica NJ and I can't even get through on the phone. I know
> from USPS that it has been successfully delivered.
>
> No chance in h?ll I'm buying an M9 unless it is less than $2K,
> especially since part of the criteria for buying Leica is reliability.
>
> Vick

Except that its been plainly obvious from the get go that the M8 and M9 are
as leagues apart in reliability as they are in price. And as they are in
functionality.
Yet there are those who will say why pay five grand more for a few more
millimeters of format. And those are the guys who are never going to pull
their heads out of the sand.
One might search engine  "Leica M9".
And keep an eye out in the near future for the growing body of work produced
by the camera which will become part of our collective visional conscious in
the next years. An effect which hardly happened with the first out M8.

[Rabs]
Mark William Rabiner

Replies: Reply from Frank.Dernie at btinternet.com (Frank Dernie) ([Leica] Another M8 malfunction, this time with the thumbwheel)
Reply from mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner) ([Leica] Another M8 malfunction, this time with the thumbwheel)