Subject: [Leica] IMGs: 1 man, 1 Leica, 1 right-angle viewfinder
From: passaro.vince at gmail.com (Vince Passaro)
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2010 22:28:40 -0500

Mark,

Now don't be going all Lear on us now.  I've only been in the LUG for eight
or ten months and I've seen a bunch of postings by John. Are you under the
impression he's brand new with this posting? (That's what it seemed you
meant -- if I've misunderstood please forgive me. But if not, John might
find it unseemly to correct you, whereas I as third party can do it without
embarrassment.) John's a fine scholar; just recently he's shared with us
some fascinating material including photos by Walker Evans in New Orleans,
and, subsequently, pictures of school children, adult revelers and all kinds
of performers in black face in the 1930s. All this he's found in his
researches into the photo archive of the Farm Security Administration I
believe.  That right John?  I can't wait until you start up with the WPA.

Vince

PS John -- Just today, in the English Department at Adelphi, where I teach,
I shared the black face material with a colleague whose researches touch on
that cultural zone. He was amazed by it and enthusiastic to read it.