Subject: [Leica] The M9 is a computer, not a clock
From: douglas.sharp at gmx.de (Douglas Sharp)
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2010 22:11:56 +0100

How very true,

Over the last couple of months I picked up quite a few Non-AF cameras at
rock-bottom prices to play around with - a couple of Canon A1s, a Pentax
MX, an OM-10 and a Yashica FX-D - all of them have viewfinders much
brighter the ones in my Canon EOS 500N and 20D.

But the brightest of all is the flip-up, waist level finder on the
Rollei 2000F or 3003 (sorry Doug it really is brighter than the SL or
SL2 and the rest of the Leica R series), probably because there's no
prism in the way.

Of course, in true Rollei manner the view is wrong way round, which
takes some getting used to, but with the little built in magnifier it's
just amazing.

On the other hand, the "telescope VF" alternative on the same camera is
probably one of the dimmest of all.

Cheers
Douglas